A USDA Loan is a mortgage loan that is insured by the US Department of Agriculture and available for qualified individuals who are purchasing or refinancing their home loan in an area that is not considered a major metropolitan area by USDA.
Great for First-time Home Buyers
100% Financing (including Closing Costs)
No Down Payment Requirements
No Pre-payment Penalties
Existing Homes, Foreclosures, New Construction
Benefits of USDA Loans
- 100% Financing - you can buy a home with no money down. You can even finance your closing costs.
- You can refinance your home up to 100% of the value of your home.
- Low Fixed Rate Mortgage Options.
- They are usually easier to get because the Government insures the loan so that there is much less risk to the lender.
- They can be used for Existing Homes, Foreclosures or New Construction.
- Simple Loan Process.
- No Loan Limit. No Acreage Limit.
- There is No Prepayment Penalty.
- You can use the loan to repair or add on to your home.
- Flexible Credit Requirements.
Who is eligible for a USDA Loan?
Generally these loans are available to anyone who meets minimum credit guidelines and local area income requirements and is purchasing a home or refinancing their home in an area that is not considered a major metropolitan area by USDA.
Some common misconceptions of USDA Loans:
- They are just for farmers - This just isn't the case. It's not "just for farmers," millions of people already qualify.
- FHA or Conventional Loans are better - In fact, USDA Loans often offer better terms than an FHA or conventional loans.
- They aren't flexible - Actually, they can be used to buy a new home or refinance to a lower rate.
- Only certain people can qualify - Anyone who meets the income and credit guidelines can qualify.
- They are only for rural areas - Actually, they are available in many areas that most people would not consider rural.
For example, small communities just outside of metropolitan areas.
- They are harder to get than FHA or Conventional Loans - This just isn't true. In many cases they are actually easier
to get because the loans are guaranteed by the government.
Check to see if you qualify for a USDA Loan:
Your request has been submitted.
Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again or call us at
Uh Oh! There are some problems